1. Is the button trace running close to the slider segment? It could be possible that the trace is getting touched which gives signal to the button as well.
2. Is it possible to share your firmware for us to have a look? How are you verifying without the tuner? Please check if your logic is checking for the right sensor element.
3. Make sure that you are scanning the sensors when CapSense is not busy.
4. What is the signal level and SNR you are obtaining with the button and the sliders? Is the button oversensitive?
1. No, not really, there are other running between them.
2. I am not sure, but i don't think i can share all the firmware, but i'll check. I know because they act on LED's. each button has a specific function, and so does the slider, that's how i am sure, since the last segment is doing what the button should do, which is changing colour.
3 Already am, followed the code examples from Cypress
4 I can't be sure about the values, but the button is on a normal level of sensitiveness.
In Tuner, do you see any signal on the button sensor when the slider segment is touched? Please let us know the signal level that you are obtaining in Tuner, and the thresholds that you have set. It is recommended to set finger threshold to 80% of maximum signal, noise threshold to 40% of the maximum signal and hysteresis to 10% of the maximum signal. Note that the signal that I am referring to is the signal obtained when touching the button.
The thread was locked due to inactivity for a long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.