CE226301 - BLE Throughput Measurement is not yet ported to work with MTB 2.2 workflow and hence it will not appear in the project creator.
The CE is in the process of being updated and will be available soon.
1. throughput_test demo application: https://community.cypress.com/external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fcypresssemiconductorco%2FCode-Examples-B… is a legacy example for BTSDK 1.4. BTSDK has now moved to 2.x and this demo will not work with BTSDK 2.x.
2. and 3. The CE is not ported to work with MTB 2.2 and is not compatible with MTB 2.2. The changes needed for an MTB 2.0/2.1 application to work in MTB 2.2 are explained in the blog.
Temporary Solutions(until the CE is available for MTB 2.2):
Solution 1: Using MTB 2.1 BLE Throughput Measurement CE with wiced_btsdk 2.7.1 and CLI
2. Download or clone wiced_btsdk 2.7.1 from here: GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/wiced_btsdk at release-v2.7.1
3. Extract both, application and wiced-btsdk-release-v2.7.1 in a folder of your choice. Just ensure to keep both in the same folder.
4. Rename the folder wiced-btsdk-release-v2.7.1 to wiced-btsdk
5. Run Cygwin by clicking on the Cygwin.bat file from the <install_folder>\ModusToolbox\tools_2.x\modus-shell folder.
6. Navigate to the folder where you have downloaded and extracted the application and wiced_btsdk.
Use the command in Cygwin window: cd /cygdrive/C/.....
7. After you navigate to the project folder, follow Readme of the CE from step 5 under the section 'In Command-line Interface (CLI):' of 'Using the Code Example'
8. You can use any editor to modify the CE if required. But you will have to use Cygwin to build/program the application.
Solution 2: Migrate the CE to work with MTB 2.2. You can follow the steps provided in the blog. But make this one small change in makefiles of both GATT_client and GATT_server applications:
Change the following variable value from CY_GETLIBS_SHARED_PATH=../ to CY_GETLIBS_SHARED_PATH=../../
The above change is required because BLE Throughput CE comes with two applications in a single repo and we need to provide the correct relative path to the mtb_shared folder.
Let us know if it works for you.