Any problem in if CYPD3177-24LQ VBUS_MAX and VBUS_MIN are set to the same value?

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JiAg_4799581
Level 1
Level 1

Any problem in if CYPD3177-24LQ  VBUS_MAX and VBUS_MIN are set to the same value?

Hello

I have a design with the CYPD3177-24LQ, I set the VBUS_MIN to 9V and the VBUS_MAX to 9V the same value. The I_Coarse to 4A and I_Fine to 0.5A but I have tested with several USB-C_PD adapters and I could not make the circuit works in other voltage than 5V (4.7V Really) what could be the problem? is it because I set the VBUS_MIN  and the VBUS_MAX to the same value and the voltage level window is closed? what happens if the adapter can only deliver 3A at 9V? will it reject to provide any supply because it has a lower capacity than the current requested? this is my first design with CYPD3177-24LQ, I do not want to be disappointed by the IC chip.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

Can you test the voltage level on Pin 9? This is the fault indicator. You'll always get 5V/0.9A  VBUS voltage since your adaptor cannot supply 4.5A.

Regards,
Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YiZ_31

Hi,

May I check your schematic? If VBUS_MIN and VBUS_MAX are set to the same value, you can still get the corresponding sink PDO.

0 Likes

Hello,

It is the schematic.

pastedImage_0.png

Thank you

0 Likes
YiZ_31

Hi,

Can you test the voltage level on Pin 9? This is the fault indicator. You'll always get 5V/0.9A  VBUS voltage since your adaptor cannot supply 4.5A.

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes