1 of 1 people found this helpful
Please use the function defined in this KBA: Accessing Multiple USB-Serial Devices using the Device Instance Path – KBA228257
1. You can assign a serial number to each FX3 Device as mentioned in this KBA: Distinguishing Different FX3 Devices with Same VID/PID on Host Application – KBA225775
2. Get the number of FX3 devices connected using the DeviceCount( ) API.
3. Iterate through the all of the connected FX3 devices and retrieve the instance path using the function GetDevicePath(int deviceNumber) mentioned in this KBA: Accessing Multiple USB-Serial Devices using the Device Instance Path – KBA228257
4. Extract the serial number part from the instance path string.
5. if the serial number matches, you can use the device number to open the respective device using the Open() function.
Please let me know if you have any queries regarding implementing the above?
Thank you very much for your reply, it was very useful. I was able to retrieve all the device information using the functions of the setupapi library that I found in the first link.