Cypress Boot Programmer Device Not Found

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ArSa_3842301
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

i have developed a PCB design based on CX3. It is not the first design since we are by second launch. But this second PCB has the following features compared to the first design:

-  the SPI FLASH, which is used to store the firmware image, is supplied by 1.8V. Because we have replaced the 3.3V domain by 1.8 V.

- The boot mode is fixed to start always as SPI mode. But we can also start in USB boot mode in order to update the firmware embedded in SPI FLASH memory.

The device worked correctly at the beginning but, after to update the firmware twice the Cypress EZ USB Suite give us an issue, in the USB Control Center when we try to update the firmware into SPI Flash :  

Firstly, the software shows us the next:

Waiting for Cypress Boot Programmer device to enumerate.....

And after that:

Cypress Boot Programmer Device Not Found

For this reason I can not update the firmware embedded into SPI. Then my question is if it is a software or firmware error?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Reply
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello ArSa_3842301​,

Please share the following:

1. Check if CyBoorProgrammer.img is present in the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\application\c_sharp\controlcenter

Note that this path may change based on the installation directory of FX3 SDK.

2. Program the RAM after building the firmware found in the following location.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\basic_examples\cyfxflashprog

Please let me know if the device enumerates properly after programming RAM with the above firmware. Please share a snapshot of the control center after programming this firmware to RAM.

3. Can you let me know if the Cypress BootProgrammer Device is binding to the Cypress Driver or is coming up as unrecognized device in the device manager when you get the "Cypress Boot Programmer Device Not Found" ?

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes