Please follow these steps to get it working:
(1) Press the Mode Switch button (SW3) on the kit
(2) You should be able to see LED2 being a solid amber color
(3) Now open Firmware Loader and enter the following command:
>> ./fw-loader.exe --update-kp3
You should now be able to update to KP3 successfully. You should now be able to program in ModusToolbox as well.
Sorry about that.
We did a massive upgrade to the capabilities of our kitprog firmware. Rather than try to fix all of the older tools... including the PSoC Creator we decided to release two versions. KP2 and KP3.
The fw-loader program can
1. Update the firmware on your board to either KP2 or KP3 depending on your needs
2. switch between modes kp3-hid kp-3bulk kp3- (mass storage) <- I forget the name of this mode
If you are using MTB then it is by far going to be the best user experience to use KP3 in bulk mode as it is way way faster.