Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WaMa_286156
Level 5
Level 5
First comment on blog 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

I updated to 3.29 of PSOC Programmer in my windows 7 Virtual Machine.

My CY8CKIT-059 debugger connection promptly disappeared and a reboot did not fix it.  Everything showed properly under the Control Panel Devices, including the KitProg 1.2.2.3.

I uninstalled the programmer. After downloading 3.28.7 from the archive and installing it, a reboot, and my PSOC debugger was back!

There is an installation note that this will happen.  The cure appears to be to go backwards to a previous programmer.  The issue does *not* appear to be the device driver, it is recognizing the kitprog.  It appears to be the newer code.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi WaMa_286156​,

CY8CKIT-059 contains KitProg programmer and not KitProg3. I tried connecting the device with PSoC Programmer 3.29 and I was able to connect to the device as shown -

pastedImage_0.png

There is an installation note that this will happen.  The cure appears to be to go backwards to a previous programmer.

Are you referring to the below line in PSoC Programmer Release Notes -

"After updating to KitProg3 v2.10, debug/programming tools such as PSoC Creator, PSoC

Programmer, and Bridge Control Panel cannot connect to a device. An example of this behavior

is that KitProg3 device is available but cannot be selected in the tool."

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi WaMa_286156​,

CY8CKIT-059 contains KitProg programmer and not KitProg3. I tried connecting the device with PSoC Programmer 3.29 and I was able to connect to the device as shown -

pastedImage_0.png

There is an installation note that this will happen.  The cure appears to be to go backwards to a previous programmer.

Are you referring to the below line in PSoC Programmer Release Notes -

"After updating to KitProg3 v2.10, debug/programming tools such as PSoC Creator, PSoC

Programmer, and Bridge Control Panel cannot connect to a device. An example of this behavior

is that KitProg3 device is available but cannot be selected in the tool."

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes