cyelftool for mac/linux / cyelftool vs cymcuelftool

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaSi_1632926
Level 4
Level 4
Welcome! 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi,

cyelftool that is used for PSoC 4 designs isn't available for Mac/Linux. It's the only missing piece to be able to build on those operating systems (after exporting a Makefile from PSoC Creator).

For PSoC 6 we have cymcuelftool - these tools seems to differ.

If you (for a very very weird unknown reason) refuse to release cyelftool for Linux/Mac, can you please make cymcuelftool compatible somehow? How do they differ? Can cymcuelftool do what cyelftool does?

It's so close to being usable on usable operating systems - please provide this last missing piece.

Thanks, Jacob

1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello Jacob,

You are right. The cyelftool was released only for Windows. The cymcuelftool is curated for PSoC6 devices and is not compatible with cyelftool that is available for PSoC4. If you run the option "--help" against each tool you will notice their capabilities are completely different.

Although we haven't released it for other platforms, the source code for the tool is available here and you can use this to build it for your desired platform and it should work.

We will see if we can support the cyelftool options in the future releases of cymcuelftool. I have passed this request to our software team for evaluation.

Hope this helps

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello Jacob,

You are right. The cyelftool was released only for Windows. The cymcuelftool is curated for PSoC6 devices and is not compatible with cyelftool that is available for PSoC4. If you run the option "--help" against each tool you will notice their capabilities are completely different.

Although we haven't released it for other platforms, the source code for the tool is available here and you can use this to build it for your desired platform and it should work.

We will see if we can support the cyelftool options in the future releases of cymcuelftool. I have passed this request to our software team for evaluation.

Hope this helps

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes

Wow, what an improvement! Thanks.

0 Likes

This is great! I’m an currently running the cyelftool inside wine on a Mac. Let me check if I can build it for different OSs.

0 Likes