5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2020 12:41 AM by DheerajK_81

I can no longer run PSoC Creator 4.3

LePo_1062026

Cypress,

As of this morning, I can no longer run PSoC Creator 4.3.   Yesterday, I was able to successfully build a Creator-based program and program a KIT with the code.

This morning, I now receive the following response from the same project when trying to build:

If I try to load another program I get the following when just trying to open the project:

The details of this error are attached to this post.

I then uninstalled Creator 4.3 and reinstalled this version.

The same results!

I'm running:

• Intel i7 with 4 CPUs.

Regarding Creator projects. I appear to be "dead in the water".   I have not found a project that loads or builds.

Let me know if I can supply more info.

Note:  Do you realize that the official Cypress PSoC Creator 4.3 download link is not working?  https://www.cypress.com/file/502331/download

Len

Update:

I downloaded the iso image version "psoc_creator_4.3_b1445.iso"

I uninstalled Creator 4.3 again and used the iso image to reinstall it.

I now get a new error message that prevents the install.

Message was edited by: Leonard Poma

Message was edited by: Leonard Poma    Update with Process Monitor info using Process = psoc_creator.exe. I stopped the process log immediately after the exception is received.

Update:  Here is Visual Studio 2019 output window with JIT debugging attachment to psoc_creator.exe.  It appears that the variable "givenPathname" being loaded into the function cycmbase.dll!CyDesigner.Common.Base.CyPathUtil.CreateCanonical(String givenPathname, String anchorDirectory, CyErr& errors) is NULL.

Message was edited by: Leonard Poma  Update with Visual Studio 2019 JIT debugging attachment to psoc_creator.exe.

Update:  I have a little more JIT debug info from the exception.  Disassembly and Register info:

Message was edited by: Leonard Poma    Update:  Disassembly and Register info.