Programming Issues on CYPD3171

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
NaHi_4443926
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am working on a custom board using the CYPD-3171, and I am encountering issues when attempting to program, both using the PSOC-MiniProg4 part through the SWD Lines, and through the CC Programming using the CCG3PA EVK Power Board.  the Hex file I am attempting to program is the generic PB application included in the SDK with a modified Config.c file as generated through the EZ-PD configuration tool. the Hex file as well as the images of each step of my attempts are attached to this post.

One error I note is that after programming over the MiniProg4 device, a subsequent verification fails as shown in VerificationFail.PNG.

In addition, when doing a CC-Program, the device claims to still be in a bootloader state even after the application is loaded.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Nate Hinshaw

0 Likes
2 Replies
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Nate,

Is it possible to share the schematic of your board?

If it is confidential please email it to mxkh@cypress.com

Best Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes

Also, please try SWD programming at 5V and verify if the chip is getting programmed.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes