PSoC 4, "in-app" dfu?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaEr_349131
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 50 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Are there any example-applications or existing API's to update "application area 1 vs 2" in-app?

i.e. in the bootloadable while the app is running, not by first having to reboot into the bootloader.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

For your requirement, you need to use Launcher + Combinational application#1 + Combinationa application#2 as shown in the below image.

types.PNG

In this method, the application 1 can bootload application 2 and application 2 can bootload application 1 while they are running. Please find the attached project for reference. For more information, please refer PSoC 4 bootloader component datasheet.

Also you can switch between application 1 and application 2 anytime with this method.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/component-datasheets/bootloader-and-bootloadable

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

For your requirement, you need to use Launcher + Combinational application#1 + Combinationa application#2 as shown in the below image.

types.PNG

In this method, the application 1 can bootload application 2 and application 2 can bootload application 1 while they are running. Please find the attached project for reference. For more information, please refer PSoC 4 bootloader component datasheet.

Also you can switch between application 1 and application 2 anytime with this method.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/component-datasheets/bootloader-and-bootloadable

Thanks

Ganesh

Fantastic and speedy support as always,

Thanks Ganesh!

0 Likes

I had a quick look in your example code that shows the switching part.

What I couldn't find in the docs was an API for updating the actual flash-partition + needed metadata for "App1/2"

0 Likes

any input?

0 Likes