I want to modify the fx3 driver inf file.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JuKi_4750311
Level 1
Level 1

I want to edit the driver inf file using the batch file listed in the question below, but I keep getting an error.
How can I fix it?
https://community.cypress.com/message/202697#202697

I am using windows10 64bit environment.

and i wanna add this string, but return error .

VID_04B4&PID_00F5.DeviceDesc="Cypress FX3 USB FPGA Device"

bat file result.

*******finding ProductType, 1=Work Station,
2= Domain Controller, 3= Server*******

ProductType is 1

IsClientOS is equal to true

64-bit

OSARCH is x64

OS Version is 10.0 and OS Name is Win10

"C:\PERSONAL_SPACE\2020년\SD_Configuration\FX3\CyUSB3_USB_Suite_Source\CYUSB3_1.2.3.20_BatchFile\CYUSB3_1.2.3.20_BatchFile"\Win10\x64

INFO: 
Option set: dumping log info to console.

INFO: 
Current working directory: 'C:\PERSONAL_SPACE\2020년\SD_Configuration\FX3\CyUSB3_USB_Suite_Source\CYUSB3_1.2.3.20_BatchFile\CYUSB3_1.2.3.20_BatchFile\Win10\x64'

INFO: 
Running on path 'C:\PERSONAL_SPACE\2020년\SD_Configuration\FX3\CyUSB3_USB_Suite_Source\CYUSB3_1.2.3.20_BatchFile\CYUSB3_1.2.3.20_BatchFile\Win10\x64'

INFO: 
No valid 'dpinst.xml' file provided.

INFO: 
Install option set: Suppressing Wizard but no OS popups.

INFO: 
Install option set: Suppressing EULA.

INFO: 
Install option set: Force install if driver is not better.

INFO: 
Install option set: Suppress Add or Remove Programs entries.

INFO: 
Found driver package: 'C:\PERSONAL_SPACE\2020년\SD_Configuration\FX3\CyUSB3_USB_Suite_Source\CYUSB3_1.2.3.20_BatchFile\CYUSB3_1.2.3.20_BatchFile\Win10\x64\cyusb3.inf'.

INFO: 
Preinstalling 'c:\personal_space\2020년\sd_configuration\fx3\cyusb3_usb_suite_source\cyusb3_1.2.3.20_batchfile\cyusb3_1.2.3.20_batchfile\win10\x64\cyusb3.inf'

INFO: 
ENTER:  DriverPackagePreinstallW

INFO: 
RETURN: DriverPackagePreinstallW
(0xE000024B)

INFO: 
Returning with code 0x80010000

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Please refer to Part 2 Modifying CyUSB3.INF in the CyUSB.pdf from the FX3 SDK documents (path: <Fx3 installation directory>\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\SuiteUSB)

Once the driver INF is modified, it needs to be signed to be installed by the dpinst tool.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Please go through this KBA: Driver Installer using DPinst Tool and Batch Script - KBA230662

This is only to install the driver.

Once you add an VID/PID entry in the cysub3.INF file, the signature/authenticity of the driver is lost and will be unable to install.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hello,

So How can I change .inf file?

I want to change to  add an VID/PID entry.

please let me know.

0 Likes

Hello,

Please refer to Part 2 Modifying CyUSB3.INF in the CyUSB.pdf from the FX3 SDK documents (path: <Fx3 installation directory>\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\SuiteUSB)

Once the driver INF is modified, it needs to be signed to be installed by the dpinst tool.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hello,

I cannot understand Page8. "Execute a script at start-up" section.

Please let me know more detals to create a script file.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hello,

Script file is used to load the firmware automatically on device connect. You can ignore this section.

Also if you want to release the cyusb3 driver with your custom INF for production. Please check part "3 Driver Resell" where we ship the driver package to the customers Microsoft Dashboard Account, and the INF can be replaced in the driver package with a custom INF for Microsoft signature.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes