I received the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W PSoC 6 Wi-Fi BT PROTOTYPING KIT. This kit contains a CY8C624ABZI-S2D44ES2 1943 B 33 CYP 636440 W3A633
1. Is this the latest chip with latest firmware?
The firmware for the CY8C624ABZI-S2D44ES2 is loaded by you. Therefore, the latest firmware drivers are available on the Cypress site. All other application code used for firmware is created by you.
2. I am not able to load the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W kit with wiced IDE, having read forums its my understanding that only modustoolbox may be used. Is that correct?
That is my understanding also.
3. From reading the forums it appears that mbed is preferred and recommended for AWS IoT. Is that correct?
I'm not an expert about that. I believe both ARM's mBed and Amazon's FreeRTOS are real-time OSs available for this platform.
4. If 3. is correct, Then does Cypress recommend and provide a cypress-mbed like they do a cypress-freertos?
Cypress would have to weight in on that.
5. If available, which cypress provided mbed-application(s) is recommended to use as a base for my AWS IOT development? I need mqtt, tls, tcpip, and stuff I dont know I need
Here are some forum sites that might be helpful.
Adding to Len's response -
You can also use the AnyCloud Libraries for your application and this code example might prove to be a good starting point - GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-anycloud-mqtt-client: This code example demonstrates connecting to AWS IoT o…
You can refer to this blog for details regarding the code example - Implementing MQTT Client Using AnyCloud Libraries
For information regarding AnyCloud Libraries, you can refer to these links -
You can checkout all AnyCloud code examples here - Cypress Semiconductor Corporation · GitHub
Hope this helps,
Thanks and Regards,