1. The parts used on eval board varies a bit. Like CYW920721B2EVK-03 uses QFN 40 carrier module, whether as EVK-02 has Murata Type 1WA module (If you check, MCU column is different for both the boards in screenshot you have attached).
2. Please check with Cypress sales team to purchase these boards: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cyw920721b2evk-02-evaluation-kit
3. I'll suggest to go for CYW920721B2EVK-02 board. You can use any variant though, we provide support for both of them.
Thanks for the info... I did get in touch with our Cypress rep about the kit. We want these board to play around with audio over Bluetooth and had a couple of questions:
1) I believe audio in this kit uses the the CYW9BT Audio 2 Arduino shield for audio over BT (e.g., A2DP). Is that correct?
2) I can't find the CYW9BT anywhere and was wondering, is it sold separately?
3) Does is make sense to try the CYW9BT Audio 2 on some of the other BT devkits, e.g., is it supported with sample code on other kits?
4) Is CYW920721B2EVK-02 the best kit for playing with Bluetooth audio? We're looking for sample code that exercises A2DP sink and, if possible, one or more source mics (e.g. for SCO).
1 of 1 people found this helpful
1. Yes it is audio over A2DP.
2. The board comes with the CYW9BT codec. Please check kit contents here https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cyw920721b2evk-02-evaluation-kit
3. The other device should be compatible with CYW9BT audio 2 codec, then it will work.
4. Yes CYW20721B2 supports both A2DP sink & source functionalities. You can find related demo code examples here: Cypress Semiconductor Corporation · GitHub
Thanks for the good info.
I'm still wondering about the CYW9BT audio 2 codec. Where can I find that part besides purchasing the dev kit, which I also can't find? I tried several distributors, and no luck.
I would suggest you to check with your local Cypress team for audio codec purchase, they can help surely.