PSOC Creator for Linux or MacOS as open source?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AlDa_1255626
Level 1
Level 1
First like received Welcome!

If PSOC Creator is not being developed further and there are no plans to port it to Linux or MacOS, would it be possible to open source part or all of the software so the community can port it?

1 Solution

Hi AlDa_1255626​,

There is currently no plan for making the source code for PSoC Creator open-source. However, I will forward your request to the internal development team so that they can evaluate the same.

Thank you for your interest in our products!

Regards,

Rakshith

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

AlDa,

PSoC Creator is written in C#, how it could be to ported to Linux or Mac? The SW package is too big to re-write it.

/odissey1

0 Likes

Mono lets you use C# on both Mac and Linux, and C# is very easily ported to Java. But the best approach would be to integrate it as a separate toolchain into ModusToolbox. And to do that, if Cypress doesn't want to, then the software needs to be open. It would also benefit Windows users to be able to build addons into their development environment.

I'm assuming there are no huge IP secrets in PSoC Creator, of course, which prevent Cypress from open sourcing it. But I'm guessing not, given ModusToolbox.

Hi AlDa_1255626​,

There is currently no plan for making the source code for PSoC Creator open-source. However, I will forward your request to the internal development team so that they can evaluate the same.

Thank you for your interest in our products!

Regards,

Rakshith

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Thank you Rakshith.

0 Likes