About FX2 wakeup pin.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mama_1337366
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins 5 replies posted Welcome!

Hi, how to use this pin?

I do not let the 8051 core into power down mode forever?

How could I set this pin?

connect to  vcc or ground,  directly?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Wakeup pin is used to bring the FX2LP CPU out of suspend through an external interrupt generating by asserting the pin.

Holding WAKEUP asserted inhibits the EZ-USB chip from suspending. This pin has programmable polarity.

The WAKEUPCS register can be used to enable/disable individual wakeup (WUEN/ WAKEUPCS.0 for Wakeup pin) and set its polarity ( WUPOL ).

If you want the EZ-USB to never go to suspend state, you can leave the pin asserted (low/high) depending on the polarity set in the WAKEUPCS register (WAKEUPCS.4/ WUPOL).

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Wakeup pin is used to bring the FX2LP CPU out of suspend through an external interrupt generating by asserting the pin.

Holding WAKEUP asserted inhibits the EZ-USB chip from suspending. This pin has programmable polarity.

The WAKEUPCS register can be used to enable/disable individual wakeup (WUEN/ WAKEUPCS.0 for Wakeup pin) and set its polarity ( WUPOL ).

If you want the EZ-USB to never go to suspend state, you can leave the pin asserted (low/high) depending on the polarity set in the WAKEUPCS register (WAKEUPCS.4/ WUPOL).

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Thanks for the help, I have understood.

0 Likes