Porting of wifi driver(WWD) to other IDE/platform

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KaHi_4747291
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am currently working on STM32F769 platform. I am using Freertos on it. I wanted to implement a wifi driver.

So can I port the WWD folder into my working IDE(STM32 IDE) with all the source files and include files (If some extra files are required please mention that also).

Or is there any alternate option ?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Kalpesh

0 Likes
1 Solution
WinstonF_61
100 likes received 100 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi Kalpesh,

The WWD is highly integrated into the WICED SDK. Not very easy to port. If you want to use the features in the WICED SDK, you could port the STMF7 into WICED. But this is not going to be an easy task. You can refer to a this Blog just to get an idea. STM32F469 porting in WICED

My recommendation would be to work with the WHD Driver instead, its a completely platform independent.  GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/wifi-host-driver: Embedded Wi-Fi Host Driver that provides a set of ...

You can choose the RTOS & Network Stack of your choice. The porting guide on the git page should help you through the process.

As of now the WHD supports only CYW4343W & CYW43012 & the modules derived form these 2 base parts. Let us know which WiFi device family you intend to use.

Regards

Winston.

Regards
Winston

View solution in original post

3 Replies
WinstonF_61
100 likes received 100 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi Kalpesh,

The WWD is highly integrated into the WICED SDK. Not very easy to port. If you want to use the features in the WICED SDK, you could port the STMF7 into WICED. But this is not going to be an easy task. You can refer to a this Blog just to get an idea. STM32F469 porting in WICED

My recommendation would be to work with the WHD Driver instead, its a completely platform independent.  GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/wifi-host-driver: Embedded Wi-Fi Host Driver that provides a set of ...

You can choose the RTOS & Network Stack of your choice. The porting guide on the git page should help you through the process.

As of now the WHD supports only CYW4343W & CYW43012 & the modules derived form these 2 base parts. Let us know which WiFi device family you intend to use.

Regards

Winston.

Regards
Winston

Hi Winston,

Thank you for the quick reply.

We are planing to use LBEE5KL1DX (Which is CYW4343 Wifi+Bluetooth) with STM32F769 MCU.

From the above recommendation, we can use/integrate Wifi Host driver in STM32F769 firmware to handle CYW4343 rather than porting entire WiFi stack from WICED SDK. Correct us if we wrongly understood. 

As per our need, we need to port both WiFi & BLE stacks. So could you please give us references for, how to port Bluetooth stack from WICED SDK to STM32 CubeMX. ..?

Thank you

0 Likes
YashM
First question asked 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hii,

1. Yes, you can integrate WHD with your STM32 to handle CYW4343W by following the steps shown in the porting guide.

2. Regarding the BLE stack, we have not done BLE (no official release) with a Cortex M7 (as STM32F7xx uses M7), it would be better to contact the sales team to get support on this.

Regards,

Yash

0 Likes