6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2020 5:09 AM by JoBr_1593366

Cannot use pin as digital HW output when it is connected to an analog HW mux.

JoBr_1593366

I had a pin set up as analog in to a comparator and also digital in.  I moved it to a scanning comparator, and got this error:

Cannot use pin as digital HW output when it is connected to an analog HW mux.

If a GPIO pin is connected to an AMuxHW component, its digital input is expected to be used by the matching digital control signal on the AMuxHW component. So this GPIO pin's digital input signal should be reserved for the matching digital control signal on AMuxHW component only.

This is because it kept the hardware digital connection but automatically disabled the digital output?

2020-08-11 15_51_03-Configure 'PSOC_VBUS_MON'.png

The digital output probably shouldn't be disabled without also disabling the HW connection?  Otherwise we have to click to enable output and then disable HW and then disable output again.

Also I don't understand the second part of the error.  There is a digital control signal I could access that matches what the GPIO's digital output would be?