Double Buffering of FX2LP USART Transitions

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FrZa_2625781
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi,

This KBA:

https://www.cypress.com/comment/390351

states that there is double buffering with the serial interface.

Is there any further documentation on how this works? Is there an app-note with an according firmware where I can take suggestions for my own firmware?

I only have found examples where writing a byte in the outbuf just sends one byte and you have to check the sent status before sending the next byte, or examples where you have to start the reading of one byte every time and have to move the transferred byte before the next byte can be read.

Best Regards,

Frank

0 Likes
1 Solution
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Frank,

We have AN67442: SPI Implementation Using Serial Mode-0 Of EZ-USB FX2LP ​ which implements Serial Port in mode 0.

Apart from the above application note, the details on the same is present in EZ-USB Technical Reference Manual  ​​section 14.3.3

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Frank,

We have AN67442: SPI Implementation Using Serial Mode-0 Of EZ-USB FX2LP ​ which implements Serial Port in mode 0.

Apart from the above application note, the details on the same is present in EZ-USB Technical Reference Manual  ​​section 14.3.3

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes