Using CTS without bonding/pairing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MikeAustin
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

I'm trying to implement CTS functionality on my peripheral, so that I can grab the current time from an iPhone and update this in my hardware RTC.

I have been using the PSoC4_BLE_RTC example as a starting point, but am having some issues.

My question is - is it possible for a Peripheral Client (my PSoC device) to grab the CTS from an iPhone without requiring it to pair and bond?  Can I get this info just by getting a connection between the Client and the Server and then have these two automatically disconnect once the time info has been acquired?

Or do I need to pair/bond in order to get this to work?

Cheers,

Mike

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Pairing is required to grab the CTS from the iPhone. CYBLE_EVT_CTSC_READ_CHAR_RESPONSE event will be received only when the peripheral is configured with pairing option.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Pairing is required to grab the CTS from the iPhone. CYBLE_EVT_CTSC_READ_CHAR_RESPONSE event will be received only when the peripheral is configured with pairing option.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Thanks - seems to tie in with my experiments with/without pairing and with/without bonding

Cheers,

Mike

0 Likes