Dear Sir/Madam: I'm using CY7C4122KV13-106FCXC in our design. We need simulation to verify the layout. We downloaded IBIS model from your website. However, we can't pass data write simulation. Your lib for DQ (POD1p2) has only 3 options: QDRIV4122_1PXX_P

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YiQi_4741026
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using CY7C4122KV13-106FCXC in our design. We need simulation to verify the layout. We downloaded IBIS model from your website. However, we can't pass data write simulation. Your lib for DQ (POD1p2)  has only 3 options: QDRIV4122_1PXX_POD1p2DATAIO_60,QDRIV4122_1PXX_POD1p2DATAIO_50 and QDRIV4122_1PXX_POD1p2DATAIO_40. They are good for data read simulation. However, our sim would fail for write. I think when doing writing, ODT should be disabled and proper termination should be connected. So you should have DATAIO models for input simulation. Can you provide me for that?  More IBIS models for QDR4?

0 Likes
2 Replies
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

The ODT feature for the QDR IV parts is actually reverse that what you are expecting it. When enabled, the ODT circuits for the chip will be enabled during all NOP and write cycles. The ODT is temporarily disabled only during read cycles because the read data is driven out. Specifically, ODT is disabled one-half clock cycle before the first beat of the read data is driven on the data bus and remains disabled during the entire read operation. ODT is enabled again one-half clock cycle after the last beat of read data is driven on the data bus. So i think the model is in accordance with this. You Can find this information in the datasheet also.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes

Thanks for clarifying, Pradipta.

1. Apparently DATAIO_x0 connects differently for reading and writing. For simulation, we should have separate IBIS models. Can you help push your team to offer us the models?

2. For reading, ODT is disabled. Assume we use 220 Ohm reference resistor. So for POD signals, only 40 or 60 ohm as drive strength can be selected. Table 16 said only 40 or 60 pull up available. Table 17 said only 40 or 60 pull down available. Does this mean only DATAIO-40 or DATAIO60 can be used for simulation?(DATAIO-50 can't be used?). If we found only DATAIO-40 working, what's the proper value of pull up and pull down we should choose?

0 Likes