two questions about deep sleep. anybody can help me, thanks a lot.
1.wake up by timer or GPIO interrrupt, found the application restart. can it hold not restart while waking up.
2. can ble receive any data while in the deep sleep mode?
Correct understanding of what will wake the part from Deep Sleep. Do not understand the second half of the question. The part will re-boot when waking from deep sleep. This is discussed elsewhere on the forum.
it means BLE will restart when wake up from sleep? could you share me the forum on this topic.
"Deep" sleep (HIDOFF), not sleep. Sleep is primarily controlled by the firmware to save power.
- All state information is maintained
- Can be awaken by GPIO
- About 2 mS latency to wake up
- Deep Sleep
- No state information is maintained.
- Can be awaken up by GPIO or timer
- About ~100mS estimated, but there are a lot of factors that go into this calculation
- Includes ability to wake after configured time
- With internal clock, can wake anywhere from 64mS to ~36 Hrs.
- With external 32 KHz xtal, 128mS to ~144 Hrs
The application always has a choice of whether or not to participate in sleep and deep sleep decisions.
These are just a few.
If you go here: WICED Smart Bluetooth Forums , then click the "Sleep Modes" category to the left, you will see a lot more. Many contain code examples.