I forgot to mention that I tried on 3 different PCs and I tried using VLC player instead of Amcap, but the behaviour is the same.
The CB Failure print in the logs shared occurs because the API CyU3PDmaMultiChannelCommitBuffer() is failing. Please share the following details so that I can debug the issue better.
1. What is the error code when the API CyU3PDmaMultiChannelCommitBuffer() is failing?
2. What was the result when you tested the device on different PCs and host applications?
3. What is the version of FX3 SDK used for building the project? Please confirm this by going to the Project Properties->C/C++ Build->Build Variables of your project.
4. In the UART logs obtained without hub, have you tried to stream the video a second time or stopped after the problem occurred?
5. Also, please share a Wireshark Trace when you use the board without hub. This can be used to understand if the device is getting re-enumerated or not.
Thank you Jayakrishna,
here are my answers:
1) The error code of the API CyU3PDmaMultiChannelCommitBuffer() is 71
2) On different PCs and host applications (I tested Amcap and VLC ) the result is identical
3) In the path you suggested I read FX3SDKVERSION 1_3_3
4) In the log I shared I stopped after the problem occurred. I attach a new log (log_uart_without_hub_repeat) in which, after the first disconnection, I restarted the stream 3 times
5) Here is a download link to the USB trace obtained with Wireshark:
log_uart_without_hub_repeat.zip 639 bytes
Please try the following:
1. Please download FX3 SDK 1.3.4. This can be downloaded from the following link:
After the SDK installation is complete, import the project into EZ-USB Suite. Then, change the build variable from 1_3_3 to 1_3_4. Now refresh the project and build it again. After this, check if the issue is happening again.
2. As you are using a custom board, please try connecting different boards on the same host and check if the issue is happening on all the boards.
Please try these suggestions. Meanwhile I will look into the USB traces and update the thread with my findings.
I changed the build variable to 1_3_4 as you suggested and built the project again: now the streaming works correctly without hub.
Thank you very much.