how to lower current consumption? on scanning

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

BCM2073 modified hello_client

---

we designed two pair devices.

pair devices know opponent address each other.

for connection on pair deviecs, device have to scan advertisments.

but during on scanning, current consumption is very higher than normal state.

our product's current consumption is below

high advertising : 2mA

low advertising : 1.77mA

connection : 1.9mA

but scanning case for looking other advertisment :

7mA is consumed

(scan interval is 512 and scan widnow is 96)

how to lower current consumption?

i want to set white list, but two devices additionally have to be connected to android phone(not specific address).

For connection, Scanning is necessary? even know pair devices's address?

0 Likes
1 Solution
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

I refer to page 12 of the below and found that your reported values are typical.

WICED Smart Sleep/Deep-Sleep Explanation and Techniques Design Guide

If your devices are relatively near to each other, you may want to reduce the Tx power (4dBm by default) to perhaps 0dBm. You may also at reducing at increasing advertising interval to reduce overall power consumption. Refer to pg 17 to 19 of the above.

Scanning is to look for advertisement. In order for "connection" to happen, the device must either "initiate" or "advertise itself". 

solomon

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

I refer to page 12 of the below and found that your reported values are typical.

WICED Smart Sleep/Deep-Sleep Explanation and Techniques Design Guide

If your devices are relatively near to each other, you may want to reduce the Tx power (4dBm by default) to perhaps 0dBm. You may also at reducing at increasing advertising interval to reduce overall power consumption. Refer to pg 17 to 19 of the above.

Scanning is to look for advertisement. In order for "connection" to happen, the device must either "initiate" or "advertise itself". 

solomon

0 Likes