What is the meaning of die code at second line of FBGA marking format ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_4731426
Level 1
Level 1

NOR_Flash.jpegI have two kind of S29GL512N10FAI01 NOR flash.  One of them which has Q code at second line does not work on a special card, but another one which has JJ code works on this card. Their part numbers are same, but their date and die codes are only different. Therefore, I wonder about what is the difference between JJ and Q code. Thanks for your help and support.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Cypress' database does not recognize the "Q" designation, as it does not exist.

Please verify and confirm the date code that is labeled on the topside of the device,

as the "Q" designation is not recognized.

Please also detail as from which third-party vendor the S29GL512N10FAI01 were purchased

Thank you in advance...

Best regards,

Albert

Cypress Semiconductor Corp

An Infineon Technologies Company

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
user_4731426
Level 1
Level 1

I have examined similar questions. According to your answers, I understand that  the last character has no meanings for end-user, Cypress uses it for internal tracking. Do you confirm that ? Thank you.

0 Likes
AlbertB_56
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello,

The "Q"and "JJ" are specifically for Cypress Internal tracking purposes only, and has no relation to form, fit,function or operation of the device.

The date code "0911" denotes 2009, workweek 11;  date code 824 denotes 2018, workweek 24. There should be no difference between the two date codes, in regards to function and/or operation of the device.  However, I will research this, and communicate any new information

to you, as soon as it becomes available,.

Best regards,

Albert

Cypress Semiconductor Corp.

0 Likes

Hello,

Please verify and confirm the date code that is labeled on the topside of the device,

Thank you in advance...

Best regards,

Albert

0 Likes

Hello,

Please also detail as from which third-party vendor the S29GL512N10FAI01 were purchased

Thank you in advance...

Best regards,

Albert

0 Likes