from SDK binaries CYACD file and CYACD file from example SDK CCG3PA Car Charger (CLA)

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Geromino
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

programming CYACD file  from  from example SDK CCG3PA Car Charger (CLA)  with EZ-PD™ Configuration Utility  broken PD contract   and failed  read configuration  device CYPD3175  and failed update FW  

Q:  does any update  need  in FW  sdk   in order EZ-PD™ Configuration Utility  read   device ?

only when  programming  device   witrh CYPD3171-24LQXQ_cla_3_4_0_2274_0_0_0_pa.hex  with  SWD  interface   only then it is possible to read configuration device

0 Likes
1 Solution

I will try explain my self better,

EZ PD utility update fw :

1. Powersdk/CCG/binaries/CY3171-cla.CYACD

after update and suiteable jumpers it is possible read configuration or update fw again

2.Powersdk/CCG/project/CY3171-cla.CYACD

After update fw and suitable jumpers EZ PD utility don't recogize hid device and note that PD contract failed

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi ,

1. The hardware jump setting should be follow the application type. For example, you are reading the device have been programmed CYPD3171-24LQXQ_cla_3_4_0_2274_0_0_0_pa.hex, you need make sure below jump have been set as per PA.

pastedImage_0.png

If you are going to read CYPD3171-24LQXQ_pb_3_4_0_2274_0_0_0_pb.hex, you need make sure the jumps have been set as per PB.

If you are firmware upgrading, you need refer row of "PRG".

If you are programming firmware with miniProg3, you need refer row of "MP3".

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

I will try explain my self better,

EZ PD utility update fw :

1. Powersdk/CCG/binaries/CY3171-cla.CYACD

after update and suiteable jumpers it is possible read configuration or update fw again

2.Powersdk/CCG/project/CY3171-cla.CYACD

After update fw and suitable jumpers EZ PD utility don't recogize hid device and note that PD contract failed

0 Likes