I tried with the ModusToolbox 2.1 and CY8CKIT-062-BLE and HelloWorld sample code.
(1) From the WorkBench I selected menu icon "Debug" > "Debug Configurations..."
(2) In the Debug Configurations window, I selected GDB OpenOCD Debugging > <project> Debug (KitProg3)
Then selected the "Startup" tab.
(3) I scrolled down the Startup tab, and there is "Set breakpoint at:" item.
(4) I unchecked the "Set breakpoint at:" item and selected "Apply" then "Close"
(5) Then selected <projec> Debug (KitProg3) from the Launches in the Quick Panel
(6) Then I could see the reset handler
2 of 2 people found this helpful
I tried with ModusToolbox 2.1 and CY8CPROTO-062-4343W and Hello_World.
One thing I realized was that for the first time run we need to do something messy.
But once the disassembly code is displayed, from the second run it shows that display without hussle.
Anyway, so the following is the shortest mess I could reach to the disassembly debug mode.
Note: There could be better ways, but for the time being, this is how I could make it work.
(I needed create, build, debug and erase whole workspace several times to accomplish this. >_< )
(1) I created a new project and built it.
(2) I selected the Debug Icon > Debug Configurations
(3) In the Startup tab, unchecked the "Set breakpoint at:" and selected "Apply" then selected "Close"
(4) From the Quick Panel, selected "Hello_World Debug (KitProg3)
(5) Debugger started, but only the register dump showed. I select the stop icon (red box)
(6) Then again I selected "Hello_World Debug (KitProg3)" from the Quick Panel
This time, I saw the following window.
(7) I selected "View Disassembly"
(8) I selected "Reset"
(9) Then I selected "Pause", finally disassembly screen is shown.
(10) When I select "Reset" again, it showed the "Reset Handler"
(11) After doing up to (10), I stopped the debugger and closed all windows in the edit/work area
then I selected "Hello_World Debug (KigProg3)" again.
This time, it directly came to the Reset Handler.
(Edit) Typo and signature
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I use the example name mtb-example-psoc6-hello-world from github.The problem in this picture does't appear.
Just as you said,the first debug after unchecking the "Set breakpoint at:".It will start with the main.Then I select "Reset" , it showed the "Reset Handler".
Be inspired by you，I find anouther way to start at Reset Vector.
(1) I selected the Debug Icon > Debug Configurations
(2) In the Startup tab, checked the "Set breakpoint at:" ,Change the "main" to the "Cy_OnResetUser",and selected "Apply" then selected "Close".
(3) From the Quick Panel, selected mtb-example-psoc6-hello-world (KitProg3)
(4) It will start at "Cy_OnResetUser",this function is executed as the first instruction in the ResetHandler.
I am so sorry.
My webpage has some problems so some pictures lost.
I think that is a problem only happening on your PC, as I can see all the pictures in your response.
Meantime, in case your issue has been solved,
if you could mark my response as Correct Answer or Helpful,
I would appreciate it ;-)