ImageCraft License for PSoC Designer 4.4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaLi_4310026
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

I'm faced with resurrecting a very old set of PSoC1 projects none of which will open in Designer v5.4 (due to incompatible project formats).  I have one project open and nearly building in Designer v4.4 but am missing the ImageCraft C compiler license key (I know this is now included for free with v5.4).  ImageCraft seems to no longer exist.  Is there a way for Cypress to provide a license key for this older configuration?

All of this code will be migrating to newer PSoC4 parts in the coming months but there is an urgent need for a change and, sadly, the original developer is no longer among the living.

Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

-m

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thank you Sampath... Fortunately, a colleague discovered a more recent project that opens in Designer 5.4... after editing my Win10 registry for 8.3 files (per guidance on this forum) and installing Adobe SVG Viewer 3.0 (also found posted to the forum, thank you), I am now working in v5.4 without need of reverting to older build environments.  Sure glad I wasn't the only one to have had troubles running the older tools on Win10.  I'll mark this as answered - it assumes readers will see this text as it doesn't actually solve the missing ImageCraft license (I did not need to try emailing them, but notable their web site seems to be dead in the water).  Many thanks to the Community.

-m

<edit> should also add that I had to uninstall then reinstall Designer v5.4 in a 8.3 compatible location (I chose D:\psoc\psoc5p4) and also moved my project to 8.3 directory name (D:\psoc\fw7793) to make everything happy (this after changing the registry to allow 8.3 file name usage in Win10).</edit>

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Kindly get in touch with ImageCraft (support@imagecraft.com), as Cypress does not distribute licenses for ImageCraft C Compiler any more. You can also try opening and saving the project in PSoC Designer 4.4. Subsequently open and save the project in PSoC Designer 5.0, and then finally in PSoC Designer 5.4.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes

Thank you Sampath... Fortunately, a colleague discovered a more recent project that opens in Designer 5.4... after editing my Win10 registry for 8.3 files (per guidance on this forum) and installing Adobe SVG Viewer 3.0 (also found posted to the forum, thank you), I am now working in v5.4 without need of reverting to older build environments.  Sure glad I wasn't the only one to have had troubles running the older tools on Win10.  I'll mark this as answered - it assumes readers will see this text as it doesn't actually solve the missing ImageCraft license (I did not need to try emailing them, but notable their web site seems to be dead in the water).  Many thanks to the Community.

-m

<edit> should also add that I had to uninstall then reinstall Designer v5.4 in a 8.3 compatible location (I chose D:\psoc\psoc5p4) and also moved my project to 8.3 directory name (D:\psoc\fw7793) to make everything happy (this after changing the registry to allow 8.3 file name usage in Win10).</edit>

0 Likes

Thanks Mark for your tip on 8.3 compatible location.

Best regards,

Sampath

0 Likes