I need all sensors to be visible to scans, but only want them to pair with specific centrals

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using BCM20737s and would like to send my device ADV visible for all devices, but could only connect to the specific set of central devices.

is this possible?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I think passkey pairing will work for what you are trying to accomplish (user of central will need to enter a key)

You can set this up with the Hello_Client and Hello_Sensor samples apps from the SDK.

From WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/hello_sensor/hello_sensor.c:

// Uncomment the following line to enable passkey pairing. Change passKey[] below to the desired key.

// #define PASSKEY_PAIRING

#ifdef PASSKEY_PAIRING

//passkey=123456

Using a whitelist may be another option, but you will need to know in advance the BD_ADDRs of the centrals: Adding and removing master nodes to a whitelist running on a peripheral device

Directed Advertisements could be another option: Directed Advertising

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I think passkey pairing will work for what you are trying to accomplish (user of central will need to enter a key)

You can set this up with the Hello_Client and Hello_Sensor samples apps from the SDK.

From WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/hello_sensor/hello_sensor.c:

// Uncomment the following line to enable passkey pairing. Change passKey[] below to the desired key.

// #define PASSKEY_PAIRING

#ifdef PASSKEY_PAIRING

//passkey=123456

Using a whitelist may be another option, but you will need to know in advance the BD_ADDRs of the centrals: Adding and removing master nodes to a whitelist running on a peripheral device

Directed Advertisements could be another option: Directed Advertising

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, thanks a lot.

0 Likes