How the FX3-CDC device can be recognized in linux? If it requires a driver, and how we can make a linux driver?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Z_Du_1327421
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have finished CDC and UVC with FX3 in Windows OS successfully. Now we want use the same product in Linux OS, but when we input “dmesg” in command terminal, it occur as below, the CDC cannot be recognized.

error log.png

The linux version is below,

linux info.png

We have use "make menuconfig", andt select "Device Driver" "USB support" "USB Modem (CDC ACM) support",it is showed below

menuconfig.jpg

What should I do if we want use FX3+CDC in Linux OS? Is there any driver that should be installed?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

- Please try programming usbuart example firmware, in the SDK (path: ...\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxusbuart) , to FX3 and check if the driver is binding to the CDC interface. In usbuart example the FX3 enumerates as a CDC device. This will help in isolating the problem.

- I have tested the firmware shared by you on Win 10 PC and i am getting error code 45. (attachment)

- lsmod command can be used to check if the cdc_acm module is loaded.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello,

Are you facing any issues binding the CDC AMC driver to the USB-UART interface of your project?

Or if you want the device to bind it to the native UVC and CDC drivers in Linux as soon as the device is plugged in, just like in windows, in Linux as well?

Also, please refer to interaction:5 from the following link: FX3 Composite device (UVC + usb-uart) can not recognition in linux can

Can you please share you firmware so that we can review it on our end?

Regards,Yashwant

0 Likes

Hello,

yes,we want the device to be recognized in Linux as soon as it is plugged in.

And we have tried the methods in the link that you suggested, it canot solve the issue.

I shared our firmware, please help us to review it.

0 Likes

Hello,

Please refer to this KBA for the changes that need to be done to add a CDC interface Adding Communication Device Class Interface to FX3 Firmware - KBA229099

The project that you shared in the previous response is not enumerating properly. You try programming the FX3 with firmware attached with this thread UVC + USBUART Example and let me know the results.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hello,

Firstly, i want to make sure you know that we have already finished CDC and UVC with FX3 in Windows OS successfully.

And after referred to the KBA, error still exist. we also tried to program the firmware UVC + USBUART Example ,​ this error still can not be resolved.

Please tell us if there are any mistakes exist in my firmware or any suggestion that may help.Thanks a lot.

pastedImage_3.pngpastedImage_4.pngpastedImage_5.png(works well in Windows)pastedImage_2.pngpastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

Hello,

- Please try programming usbuart example firmware, in the SDK (path: ...\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxusbuart) , to FX3 and check if the driver is binding to the CDC interface. In usbuart example the FX3 enumerates as a CDC device. This will help in isolating the problem.

- I have tested the firmware shared by you on Win 10 PC and i am getting error code 45. (attachment)

- lsmod command can be used to check if the cdc_acm module is loaded.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes