Output function switching in firmware.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Chva_1477726
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins First solution authored

Hi

In my application, I need to use an output pin for two functions. I need it as a normal output and control it from firmware and then at the correct time, have it function as the output of a timer (PWM) to modulate a signal.

I have three questions:

1. How do I Force a timer in a PSoC Creator (4.3) schematic to use a specific base timer, eg. BT3. I need this as the TIOA output is assigned to a specific pin that I need to use.
  2. How do I flip the output between a firmware controlled state or under timer output control?
  3. Why can I assign TIOA1_1  to pin 7 but not TIOA1_0 to pin 11 as per the documentation? I use the S6E1A12C0AGV20000 chip.

I may be missing something on the use of the PWM timer, but cannot figure out what.

Assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Chris

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

You can find all available code examples for FM0+ in PSoC Creator 4.3 through navigating to File -> New -> Project -> FM0+/S6E1A1 -> Code example

pastedImage_0.png

However, we DO NOT recommend FMx devices for any new appalication, as the current technical support resources are very limited. In stead, PSoC device has much more code example and tech support resources in PSoC Creator.

0 Likes

Hi

None of the examples covers my issues, so I still need some answers.

I would love to use a PSoC5 or 6 for the project but is is both price and power consumption sensitive, which excludes both of them.

Best regards

Chris

0 Likes

That are all the available code exmaples in PSoC Creator for general customer. The issues from you might not be serviced timely, as the support resources for FMx is limited.

0 Likes