for issue of "But the firmware downloaded by WICED SDK through HCI port is no more taken into account.", can you check following thread and see if it can be of any help?
Thanks maxsong, but the thread Why data in NVM is erased after firmware upgrade? did not help me.
I'll try to rephrase my question : how to always correctly upgrading firmware by HCI, once an OTA firmware upgrade has been done ?
If you add " VERBOSE=1" in build target in Eclipse, you will find the firmware download in SDK is done by ChipLoader.exe
it should looks like:
ChipLoad.exe -BLUETOOLMODE -PORT COM25 -BAUDRATE 115200 -MINIDRIVER Plat
forms/BCM920737TAG_Q32/uart_DISABLE_EEPROM_WP_PIN1.hex -BTP Platforms/BCM920737TAG_Q32/20737_EEPROM.btp -CONFIG build/hello_sensor-BCM920737TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wice
d-release/hello_sensor-BCM920737TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release.hex -CHECKCRC -NOVERIFY -NOERASE -DLMINIDRIVERCHUNKSIZE 251 > build/hello_sensor-BCM920737TAG_Q32-
The download agent minidriver running at 20736 side will erase the serial flash or eeprom, theoretically.
So it's strange that it failed to update firmware by WICED SDK.
1) Can you paste the log after adding " VERBOSE=1" in build target, build and download firmware?
2) Try the test on another EVB and see if you can repeat the issue?
3) Can you repeat this issue if you OTA the board with Windows upgrading program(peerapps\Windows\WsOtaUpgrade)?
In fact, the update by HCI or OTA works fine (by Android or Windows example provided by the SDK). The functionalities of the firmware are correctly updated.
The issue is that the version returned by the firmware is false.
* during the create function I trace the version like that :
ble_trace2("Firware version: %d.%d. Create done.", MY_APP_VERSION_MAJOR, MY_APP_VERSION_MINOR);
* with the Android update application I check the characteristic Application Info.
Both cases display old major and minor version.
What do you think I have forgotten or wrongly done ?