Required wl utility/executable for Compliance testing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AkSe_4720981
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hi,

We are working on a product based on Jetson TX2 which uses the in-built BCM4354 wifi module present in it. We need the "wl utility tool" for the compliance testing and when asked to Nvidia about it, they said we can get it from cypress so we are in need of your help right now.

I saw many forum pages on cypress, you people have given wl tool binaries based on the customer requirement.

It would be really helpful if we could also get the utility tool based on our JetsonTX2 requirement.

For you kind information, we are using bcmdhd based wifi driver. The chip's architecture is arm64 and the toolchain we are using is "aarch64-linux-gnu-"

Anticipating your quick response.

Regards,

Akash Sekhar

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VinayakS_26
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

PFA the wl binary compiled with aarch64-linux-gnu- for chip aarch arm64.

Regards,

VinayakS_26

View solution in original post

15 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VinayakS_26
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

PFA the wl binary compiled with aarch64-linux-gnu- for chip aarch arm64.

Regards,

VinayakS_26

Hi Vinayak,

The wl utility which you gave was really helpful for us, it was quite an improvement after struggling for so many days. Thanks for your quick response! We were able to read the version of the firmware and run other commands too.

For FCC testing, we want the module to be set in continuous transmission mode. For this we referred the Cypress Wi-Fi CLM Regulatory Manual.pdf manual provided by Cypress. On using the commands given in the "Data rate testing section" of the manual for continuous transmission, we stumbled upon some blockers. The application throws "Unsupported" error while executing some of the key commands like pkteng_start, pkteng_stop, etc.,.

nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~/wl_tool$ sudo ./wlaarch64 -i wlan0 pkteng_start 00:11:22:33:44:55 tx 20 1500 0

./wlaarch64: Unsupported

Are these errors dependent on the firmware present in the module? The current firmware version of BCM4354 is 7.35.221.34. We got this by running the below command,

nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~/wl_tool$ sudo ./wlaarch64 -i wlan0 ver
  1.363 RC0.0
  wl0: Dec 12 2017 15:09:35 version 7.35.221.34 (r679642) FWID 01-e35dbe99

Right now, we need the module to work in continuous transmission mode for us to complete the certification process and move in to production stage. Kindly, help us with this issue.

Regards,

Akash Sekhar

0 Likes

Hi Vinayak,

Are there any updates on the issue I have posted previously. This issue is a showstopper for us in proceeding with the FCC testing and production of our product. Can you kindly look into this issue. Anticipating your quick response.

Regards,

Akash Sekhar

0 Likes

Hi VinayakS_26​,

Are there any updates on the question i have asked?

Regards,

Akash Sekhar

0 Likes

HiAkSe_4720981

Could you use the manufacturing firmware for testing the above mentioned commands see if the error persists.

Regards,

VinayakS_26

0 Likes

Hi VinayakS_26

We weren't provided with the manufacturing firmware in our TX2 software package. Can you please provide us with the manufacturing firmware of the BCM4354 wifi module for our testing?

Regards,

Akash Sekhar

0 Likes

Hi VinayakS_26

Are there any updates on the manufacturing firmware for the BCM4354 wifi module i have asked?

Regards,

Akash Sekhar

0 Likes

You need the manufacture's test firmware. 

-Eric

0 Likes

Sorry - I had not seen your request for said firmware. Hopefully you can get it from the same source as the wl app (normally the module maker).

-Eric

0 Likes

Hi AkSe_4720981

Sorry for the delay.

Could you get in touch with your module partner to get the mfgtest firmware binary for the chip. Meanwhile, let me check internally on anything that i could do from my side.

Thanks

VinayakS_26

Hi VinayakS_26

We did ask for support from Nvidia about this and Nvidia told us to approach cypress for manufacturing firmware. So, we are in need of your help right now. And this is very critical for our certification process to proceed with the production. Kindly help us sort these things as soon as possible.

Regards,
Akash Sekhar

0 Likes

Ask Nvidia to reach out to their CY Marketing point of contact and/or request MFGTEST via SFDC.

They have access. This firmware is not delivered via the community.

0 Likes

Hi MichaelF_56​ & VinayakS_26​,

I got the mfg firmware for BCM4354 but it was compiled to use with FMAC driver. We have got the fmac driver working on our board, but the wl utility which you have given is working only with BCMDHD driver. So, can you please provide us wl utility tool for FMAC driver and I'm using nvidia TX2.

Thank you so much for your help. We are one step away from what we want.

Regards,

Akash Sekhar.

0 Likes

MFGTEST/WL should come as a package from the partner Nvidia.

SaranjitG_41

0 Likes

Hi MichaelF_56​,

No, we weren't provided with any wl utility tool from Nvidia.

Can you please compile and provide the wl utility for tegra tx2 arm64 which is compatible with fmac driver.

Only with this utility tool we can proceed with our certification process.

Thank You!

Regards,

Akash Sekhar

0 Likes