Failing to build and download example code on CY8CPROTO-062-4343W

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
syab_4717321
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked

I got a CY8CPROTO-062-4343W PSoC 6 Wi-Fi BT Prototyping Kit. It works fine with the demo program already on the board (press enter on usb-serial connected Teraterm and see the red light blinking). I would like to compile and download another example.

I compiled the "USB suspend " example on the PSoC Creator, but I was not able to download the elf file using PSoC Programmer as I got the message "Detected JTAG ID: "6B A0 24 77" is not in database ". I figured I can't use PSoc Creator, according to this thread: https://community.cypress.com/thread/50356?start=0&tstart=0

So I downloaded ModusToolBox (mtw). Took an example program (USB HID). I can Build the application, but that gives me elf files. And I can't use "Device Firmware Update Tool 1.2" to download as it only accepts .cyacd2 files. So now I am trying to figure out how to build a .cyacd2 file.

a)

Tried using "Right click on Project -> Build Targets -> Build" option but I get the error:

15:02:09 **** Build of configuration Release for project USB_HID_Generic_2 ****

"C:\\Users\\abbass\\ModusToolbox\\tools_2.1\\modus-shell\\bin\\make" CY_MAKE_IDE=eclipse CY_IDE_TOOLS_DIR=C:/Users/abbass/ModusToolbox/tools_2.1 -j8 USB_HID_Generic_3

Tools Directory: C:/Users/abbass/ModusToolbox/tools_2.1

make: *** No rule to make target 'USB_HID_Generic_3'.  Stop.

"C:/Users/abbass/ModusToolbox/tools_2.1/modus-shell/bin/make CY_MAKE_IDE=eclipse CY_IDE_TOOLS_DIR=C:/Users/abbass/ModusToolbox/tools_2.1 -j8 USB_HID_Generic_3" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

15:02:12 Build Failed. 1 errors, 0 warnings. (took 2s.889ms)

b)

Tried using cymcuelftool on a command line but it gives me the error "Failed to generate CE223305_USB_Suspend01.cyacd2: ERROR: could not find app/product symbols"

Any advice?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi syab_4717321​,

I figured I can't use PSoc Creator, according to this thread: https://community.cypress.com/thread/50356?start=0&tstart=0

Yes, that is correct.

And I can't use "Device Firmware Update Tool 1.2" to download as it only accepts .cyacd2 files. So now I am trying to figure out how to build a .cyacd2 file.

Yes, as you have observed, the DFU Tool is not being used by this Code Example (CE) and is used for examples with DFU (Bootloader).

Tried using "Right click on Project -> Build Targets -> Build" option but I get the error

Actually, you can build the project by clicking on the Build USB_HID_Generic Application in the Quick Panel as shown -

pastedImage_9.png

I tried importing the CE for the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W Kit using the Project Creator and this did not generate the Launches and an error telling that the Expected and Current device did not match in the *.modus file. I tried building the project and I observed the same issue.

The reason that this error is occurring is that an incorrect device is set in the design.modus file.

Workaround -

1. Open the design.modus file that is inside COMPONENT_CUSTOM_DESIGN_MODUS > TARGET_CY8CPROTO-062-4343W as shown -

pastedImage_11.png

2. In the Device Configurator that opens, click on the File menu and then Change Devices

3. Select CY8C624ABZI-S2D44 instead of CY8C624ABZI-D44 as shown.

pastedImage_13.png

4. Click on ok, save the file and close the Device Configurator. You should be able to build and program the device using the highlighted launches in the Quick Panel shown below. If these launches do not appear, then click on Generate Launches.

pastedImage_14.png

I will be creating an internal ticket to evaluate and fix this issue in the CE. Thank you for pointing this out.

Please let me know if this helps solve your issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi syab_4717321​,

I figured I can't use PSoc Creator, according to this thread: https://community.cypress.com/thread/50356?start=0&tstart=0

Yes, that is correct.

And I can't use "Device Firmware Update Tool 1.2" to download as it only accepts .cyacd2 files. So now I am trying to figure out how to build a .cyacd2 file.

Yes, as you have observed, the DFU Tool is not being used by this Code Example (CE) and is used for examples with DFU (Bootloader).

Tried using "Right click on Project -> Build Targets -> Build" option but I get the error

Actually, you can build the project by clicking on the Build USB_HID_Generic Application in the Quick Panel as shown -

pastedImage_9.png

I tried importing the CE for the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W Kit using the Project Creator and this did not generate the Launches and an error telling that the Expected and Current device did not match in the *.modus file. I tried building the project and I observed the same issue.

The reason that this error is occurring is that an incorrect device is set in the design.modus file.

Workaround -

1. Open the design.modus file that is inside COMPONENT_CUSTOM_DESIGN_MODUS > TARGET_CY8CPROTO-062-4343W as shown -

pastedImage_11.png

2. In the Device Configurator that opens, click on the File menu and then Change Devices

3. Select CY8C624ABZI-S2D44 instead of CY8C624ABZI-D44 as shown.

pastedImage_13.png

4. Click on ok, save the file and close the Device Configurator. You should be able to build and program the device using the highlighted launches in the Quick Panel shown below. If these launches do not appear, then click on Generate Launches.

pastedImage_14.png

I will be creating an internal ticket to evaluate and fix this issue in the CE. Thank you for pointing this out.

Please let me know if this helps solve your issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes