3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2020 1:57 AM by zapa_4702046

CY4532 EZ-PD CCG3PA EVK POWER BOARD FAILED

zapa_4702046

step 1:

Programming the CCG3PA Controller on the CY4532 EVK   ( following instruction in EZ-PD™ CCG3PA Evaluation Kit Guide.pdf)

i run Power Adapter (PA) Demo   with file CYPD3171-24LQXQ_cla_3_4_0_2274_0_0_0_pa.cyacd

set jumpers of main and power board  during update FW  as instructions  in (EZ-PD™ CCG3PA Evaluation Kit Guide.pdf)

after update FW unplug power and change  the  set jumpers  on main and power board  as in instructions (EZ-PD™ CCG3PA Evaluation Kit Guide.pdf)

power on the board  and plugin the usb-c sink ( mobile phone)  and check TP8 and TP11  and the test  was good Case 1: Voltage on both TP11 and TP8 ≥ 2.8 V

step 2:

in PSoC  creator  i open  example CYPD3175-24LQXQ_pa_direct_fb02_base  see attached photo   i followed  the  instruction in case another case  which i open see word attached file with the  corresponding

so i change the bootloader  and device configuration  build  noboot  and boot project compile   and  update  with usb type a  with (EZ-PD Configuration Utility)

with correct set jumpes  main and power board

power off the board reset the jumpers set working  mode  and run Power Adapter (PA) Demo   i plugin sink ( mobille)  to  type c  connector  but the charge not happen

since then happen following

step 1:

i tried update fw  to original  CYPD3171-24LQXQ_cla_3_4_0_2274_0_0_0_pa.cyacd  with EZ-PD Confiuration Utillity  (  with correct  set jumpers )  but the utility no recognize  the device (  the usb drivers in win7  are working properly )  see attached image  the error is Could not establish PD contract.

step 2 :

i tried  update fw to original   CYPD3171-24LQXQ_cla_3_4_0_2274_0_0_0_pa.cyacd  with miniProg3  it pass  but

after  set jumpers set by instruction  Set the jumpers on the CY4532 Main Board and Power Board as specified in Table 5-1.

happens following :

1) LED1  power off 

2) unable to update fw via usb type ( EZ-PD Confiuration Utillity)  CCG3PA Power Adapter with Direct Feedback Control  ()

3) if  plug in sink (  mobile phone ) to type c connector on main board  the phone does not charge

please  advice  i dont know  how continue with  non responding board