[PSOC4 4147AZS-S475]: IAR debug failed when enable ECO

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
yuyu_4712591
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi all,

I use PSOC Creator 4.3 create a demo project for 4147AZS-S475, and system clock settings as blow,

systemClock.png

I can use PSOC Creator 4.3 debug the demo, it's OK. Then I export the demo to IAR, but IAR debugging is failed. Errors occur while initialize system clock, if codes enable EXCO, the debug is failed.The code is shown blow,

step1.png

step2.png

It's so strange, if I download code to chip using IAR, it can run well. But I can't using IAR debug the code.

While debug failed, IAR shows CPU status FAILED,

step3.png

I guess, IAR can't connect to MCU when enable EXCO. How can I fix the error..

Best Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi yuyu_4712591​,

but IAR debugging is failed

Can you let me know the debugger that you are using?

I guess, IAR can't connect to MCU when enable EXCO

Were you able to debug the device when ECO is disabled? If that is the case, did you also disable PLL?

Also, can you please share the screenshot of the debugger settings? What is the reset mode that you have selected? Please refer to this KBA and let me know if it helps - Debug pointer does not reach main() when using Keil uVision and ULink2/Ulink Pro Debuggers - KBA2299...

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi yuyu_4712591​,

but IAR debugging is failed

Can you let me know the debugger that you are using?

I guess, IAR can't connect to MCU when enable EXCO

Were you able to debug the device when ECO is disabled? If that is the case, did you also disable PLL?

Also, can you please share the screenshot of the debugger settings? What is the reset mode that you have selected? Please refer to this KBA and let me know if it helps - Debug pointer does not reach main() when using Keil uVision and ULink2/Ulink Pro Debuggers - KBA2299...

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B