8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2020 6:48 PM by semi_4714331

cyusb_linux BadAccess

semi_4714331

I compiled cyusb_linux for the latest raspbian and when i execute it i get the error and the cyusb_linux window staye empty

The same device with the windows version of Fx3 SDK work well and allow me to see the endpoints

Thank you for your help

• 1. Re: cyusb_linux BadAccess
          RashiV_61

Hello,

Please let me know which OS and its version are you using

If you are using SDK 1.3.4 as per the cyusb_linux_user guide:

This version of the CyUSB Suite for Linux has been developed and tested on the following environment :

1. Linux Kernel - 3.13.0 ( stock kernel from http://www.kernel.org )

2. Fedora - 14 distribution, Ubuntu 11.04, Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 14.04

3. Qt version 4.7

4. libusb-1.0.16

Regards,

Rashi

• 2. Re: cyusb_linux BadAccess
            semi_4714331

It is on a Raspbian /10 (buster)

Qt version 4.8.7

libusb 1.0.22

Should i use another image on raspberry Pi 4 ?

Best regards,
            Sebastien

• 3. Re: cyusb_linux BadAccess
              RashiV_61

Hello Sebastien,

We have not tested the FX3 SDK with Raspbian os but we can try debugging the problem

- Please let me know which image are you trying to program to FX3 using cyusb_linux.

- Please let me know that the installation steps mentioned in the readme.txt are completely followed and is the installation done successfully.

After successful installation of cyusb_linux, the cyusb_linux executable file needs to be called  from this path  /home/user/cyusb_linux_1.0.5 as mentioned in readme file in the Installation path\FX3_SDK_Linux\cyusb_linux_1.0.5\cyusb_linux_1.0.5

Regards,

Rashi

• 4. Re: cyusb_linux BadAccess
                semi_4714331

Hello Rashi,

Thank you for the help.

I am running Linux raspberrypi 4.19.118-v7l+
                In order to compile correctly i had to rename the "errno" variable in gui_src/main.cpp

main.cpp: In function ‘void out_callback(libusb_transfer*)’:

main.cpp:1916:26: error: cannot convert ‘libusb_transfer_status’ to ‘int* (*)()’

libusb_error(transfer->status, "Transfer not completed normally");

~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~

In file included from /usr/include/c++/8/cerrno:42,

from main.cpp:11:

main.cpp:74:30: note:   initializing argument 1 of ‘void libusb_error(int* (*)(), const char*)’

static void libusb_error(int errno, const char *detailedText)

After that only remains 2 warnings :

main.cpp: In function ‘void get_config_details()’:

main.cpp:565:15: warning: ‘sprintf’ may write a terminating nul past the end of the destination [-                                                                                     Wformat-overflow=]

sprintf(tval,"%d",desc->bNumInterfaces);

^~~~

main.cpp:565:9: note: ‘sprintf’ output between 2 and 4 bytes into a destination of size 3

sprintf(tval,"%d",desc->bNumInterfaces);

~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

main.cpp: In function ‘void get_device_details()’:

main.cpp:706:15: warning: ‘sprintf’ may write a terminating nul past the end of the destination [-                                                                                     Wformat-overflow=]

sprintf(tval,"%d",config_desc->bNumInterfaces);

^~~~

main.cpp:706:9: note: ‘sprintf’ output between 2 and 4 bytes into a destination of size 3

sprintf(tval,"%d",config_desc->bNumInterfaces);

~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -                                                                                     DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtN                                                                                     etwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I. -o fx2_download.o fx2_download.cpp

fx2_download.cpp: In function ‘int fx2_load_vendax()’:

fx2_download.cpp:296:19: warning: ‘%s’ directive writing up to 255 bytes into a region of size bet                                                                                     ween 215 and 220 [-Wformat-overflow=]

sprintf(finalbuf,"Download %02d bytes : address=%04x  : %s",num_bytes,address,tbuf);

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                   ~~~~

fx2_download.cpp:296:9: note: ‘sprintf’ output between 37 and 297 bytes into a destination of size                                                                                      256

sprintf(finalbuf,"Download %02d bytes : address=%04x  : %s",num_bytes,address,tbuf);

~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

but it does compile.

After that i checked that the  VID/PID is in the /etc/cyusb.conf file

4b4000F1        FX3 Streamer Example

then i launch a vnc server and execute cyusb_linux (the device is connected) and get

i have same log when i run cyusb_linux with no device connected, then if i connect it while cyusb_linux is running i see in the logs "Signal 10 (=SIGUSR1) received !

Best regards,
                Sebastien

• 5. Re: cyusb_linux BadAccess
                  RashiV_61

Hello Sebastien,

You can try updating to the latest libusb version to 1.0.23

To narrow down the problem, please try using the download_fx3 command-line application given in the cyusb_linux folder

Path: SDK installation path\FX3_SDK_Linux\cyusb_linux_1.0.5\cyusb_linux_1.0.5\src

You can refer to the cyusb_linux_programmer_guide for using the download_fx3 command line application to download the firmware image  (.img) file to FX3. Connect the FX3 device before using the application

Regards,

Rashi

• 6. Re: cyusb_linux BadAccess
                    semi_4714331

Hello Rahi

I tried to install libusb 1.0.23 but didnt manage to.. i think it only comes as a source package and lot of dependencies are needed that are not up to date in debian buster.

The device im am trying to read is not something i want to write on, it is something i want to analyse.

Best regards,
                    Sebastien

• 7. Re: cyusb_linux BadAccess
                      RashiV_61

Hello Sebastian,

I understand that you are not planning to program the FX3 device with a firmware. Is that right?

To narrow down the problem, can you please try using the console applications like 01_getdesc or 03_getconfig ( Path: SDK installation path\FX3_SDK_Linux\cyusb_linux_1.0.5\cyusb_linux_1.0.5\src ) after plugging the device and let me know the results. These applications will give the device descriptors and device configuration respectively.

You can refer to the cyusb_linux_programmer_guide for using the above-mentioned command-line application.

- Please let me know which Cypress device is being used in your application with its  (VID/PID)

Regards,

Rashi

• 8. Re: cyusb_linux BadAccess
                        semi_4714331

Hello Rashi,

I dont know what was wrong but i did it again from scratch using this time the raspberry Pi Os (32 bits) with desktop and recommended software then downloading only what was needed :

download FX3_SDK_linux_v1.3.4 from this page
                        extract cyusb_linux_1.0.5
                        sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0.dev
                        sudo apy-get install qt4-dev-tool
                        cd cyusb_linux_1.0.5
                        make
                        sudo ./install.sh
                        cd /usr/bin/local/
                        sudo chmod +x cyusb_linx
                        sudo cyusb_linux

and now it works perfectly
                        fx3_raspbian.png