Psoc Creator slow

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AndreasHB
Level 3
Level 3
5 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 replies posted

I installed the new PSoC Creator 4.3 on my Dell PC (Intel i7-9700). The software runs very slow. Does anyone have a solution?

Sincerly Andreas.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hallo RakshithM_16,

ich habe meine Daten auf einer NAS-Festplatte. Ich habe das Projekt auf meine neuen Rechner kopiert. Jetzt läuft PSoC-Creator wieder schnell. Warum sind Netzwerklaufwerke ein Problem für PSoC-Creator?

Auf meinem alten Rechner habe ich das Projekt über ein Netzwerklaufwerk geöffnet. Da gab es keine Probleme.

Danke und Grüße,

Andreas

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi user_1341011​,

Can you please provide more details regarding the issue that you are facing?

Is the entire software slow or just the programming/port configuration process slow?

Are you using PSoC Creator behind a firewall or with an antivirus that might be restricting the software?

Are the device drivers installed correctly? Is the device enumerating properly?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hi RakshithM_16,

The entire software is slow. If i open a project, the software shows "Not Responding".

PSoC Creator runs on my old PC (i5-3750) faster.

I use Eset Internet Security on both PC's.

Thanks and Regards,

Andreas

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi Andreas,

Can you please try the debugging steps provided in these threads and let me know if that helps?

1. Re: PSoC Creator Crashing

2. PSoC Creator 3.3 Slow

If they do not help, can you please share the screenshot/log of different background programs/processes that are running on your system?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hallo RakshithM_16,

ich habe meine Daten auf einer NAS-Festplatte. Ich habe das Projekt auf meine neuen Rechner kopiert. Jetzt läuft PSoC-Creator wieder schnell. Warum sind Netzwerklaufwerke ein Problem für PSoC-Creator?

Auf meinem alten Rechner habe ich das Projekt über ein Netzwerklaufwerk geöffnet. Da gab es keine Probleme.

Danke und Grüße,

Andreas

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi user_1341011​,

Thank you for providing an update on the thread.

Yes, there have been cases where users face issues when PSoC Creator is used from an external or shared drive. We recommend to use PSoC Creator from a local drive to avoid these issues.

Best Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes