I cannot install the WICED Studio as instructed. What's wrong?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_2955641
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted First question asked

I tried to do everything as instructed.

Here are a few of the installation screenshots:

pastedImage_0.png

No icon is created.

No message is shown.

What should I try next?

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

I can see from your system path that you have added the path C:\WINDOWS\System32. Is the problem solved after adding this path?
Did you try to uninstall all WICED files and then download WICED in a new directory?

pastedImage_0.png

If you see Note 2 of the WICED-Studio 6.4.0 Installer (Windows) , it says that white spaces can cause installer issue. I can see that you have given two paths to the TEMP and TMP variables in the user variables.

pastedImage_2.png

I would suggest you give only one path to these variables. Either provide the c:\temp path or provide the other path without white spaces. Let us know if the issue still persists.

Could you also share the installation logs to better understand the errors in the installation procedure? I would recommend that you first uninstall everything that have been installed. You repeat the process again as given in WICED-Studio 6.4.0 Installer (Windows)  and share the installation logs.

Thanks

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Aditi_B

Hi,

Just to make sure that you followed the correct link, have you followed the following link for WICED Studio installation?

WICED-Studio 6.4.0 Installer (Windows)

Thanks

0 Likes
user_2955641
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted First question asked

This is what I keep getting in Windows 10?

And once I give the permission to owerwrite I am told that

I only have 1 MB of space even when I actually have 200 GB.

Does this have something to do with the new Windows 10

User Account Control (UAC)?

What's the problem?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

So this is the next response:

pastedImage_0.png

I could easily install the Smart IDE.

siñ

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hi,

Re: Can't install WICED Studio 6.2.1 on Windows machine

You can try the steps given in this thread and let us know if the issue still persists.

You can also try installing WICED in a different directory or you can remove all files that would have been installed which are related to WICED and can repeat the process again.

Please share the snapshot of "Path" variable under system variables.

Thanks

Hi AditiB_81,

Thank you very much for your valuable help!

Here is the snapshot of my environment variables

pastedImage_0.png

So my path is:                     C:\Users\Seppo Nikkilä\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;

pastedImage_3.png

And the system path is:     C:\WINDOWS\System32;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\

pastedImage_4.png

Just wonder if the problem is the blank character " " or the "ä" in my path?

siñ

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hi,

I can see from your system path that you have added the path C:\WINDOWS\System32. Is the problem solved after adding this path?
Did you try to uninstall all WICED files and then download WICED in a new directory?

pastedImage_0.png

If you see Note 2 of the WICED-Studio 6.4.0 Installer (Windows) , it says that white spaces can cause installer issue. I can see that you have given two paths to the TEMP and TMP variables in the user variables.

pastedImage_2.png

I would suggest you give only one path to these variables. Either provide the c:\temp path or provide the other path without white spaces. Let us know if the issue still persists.

Could you also share the installation logs to better understand the errors in the installation procedure? I would recommend that you first uninstall everything that have been installed. You repeat the process again as given in WICED-Studio 6.4.0 Installer (Windows)  and share the installation logs.

Thanks

Thank you very much AditiB_81!

This solved my problem.

The installer should be made more robust...

siñ