OTA stop at Launcher_Start

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EsFr_4600111
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi

Im trying to add a OTA update funtion to my project, using a CYBLE-0222-014

I have followed this application note: https://www.cypress.com/file/198301/download

And  Adding an Upgradable Stack OTA Bootloader

My problem is that when i programming my application to the device it start the BLE_OTA_UpgradableStackExample_Launcher, and does not start my application, as i expected.

How do the BLE_OTA_UpgradableStackExample_Launcher application knows which application to start.

I expected it will eiter start the Startbootloder or the Application. ?

I have allso tried to only load the BLE_OTA_UpgradableStackExample_Stack into the target, then i can start the process upgrading the application, but at the end i got an checksum error. How comes?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi,

I hope you have gone through and tested the BLE_OTA_Upgradable_Stackcode example.

>>"How do the BLE_OTA_UpgradableStackExample_Launcher application knows which application to start.

I expected it will eiter start the Startbootloder or the Application?"

--> Upon Power-on-Reset, the launcher application starts and launches the "Stack" Applcation.

--> The Stack application checks whether the application1(user application) is valid or not.  Once it is valid, it also checks if the actual application has requested for OTA firmware or not.

--> If user application is valid and if user application has not requested for OTA firmware upgrade, the "Stack" application sets the User application to run in the next boot and issues a software reset.

--> If any of the above two conditions fail, the "Stack" application waits for the Device firmware upgrade.

--> If the user application wants the Device firmware upgrade, it sets the "Stack" application to run after reset and issues a software reset. The Stack application then waits to receive the new application.

>>"I have allso tried to only load the BLE_OTA_UpgradableStackExample_Stack into the target, then i can start the process upgrading the application, but at the end i got an checksum error. How comes?"

--> Please ensure that you have followed the exact steps mentioned in the appnote.

--> Please ensure that the BLE component version is same on both "Stack" and user application projects.

--> Please find the attached workspace and test with that. In this the user applicaton is blinking and LED with breathing effect.

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
EsFr_4600111
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

It was the a wrong linkerfile in LinkerScripts folder

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi,

I hope you have gone through and tested the BLE_OTA_Upgradable_Stackcode example.

>>"How do the BLE_OTA_UpgradableStackExample_Launcher application knows which application to start.

I expected it will eiter start the Startbootloder or the Application?"

--> Upon Power-on-Reset, the launcher application starts and launches the "Stack" Applcation.

--> The Stack application checks whether the application1(user application) is valid or not.  Once it is valid, it also checks if the actual application has requested for OTA firmware or not.

--> If user application is valid and if user application has not requested for OTA firmware upgrade, the "Stack" application sets the User application to run in the next boot and issues a software reset.

--> If any of the above two conditions fail, the "Stack" application waits for the Device firmware upgrade.

--> If the user application wants the Device firmware upgrade, it sets the "Stack" application to run after reset and issues a software reset. The Stack application then waits to receive the new application.

>>"I have allso tried to only load the BLE_OTA_UpgradableStackExample_Stack into the target, then i can start the process upgrading the application, but at the end i got an checksum error. How comes?"

--> Please ensure that you have followed the exact steps mentioned in the appnote.

--> Please ensure that the BLE component version is same on both "Stack" and user application projects.

--> Please find the attached workspace and test with that. In this the user applicaton is blinking and LED with breathing effect.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes