Usually we perform the testing in an RF chamber to eliminate the interference.
Can you please let me know the below details to proceed further.
- your testing environment,
- Transport layer protocol used, whether UDP or TCP,
- Security settings (open or WPA2) that you've used and
- iperf and the wifi mesh commands you've used for your setup.
- Testing environment is open air indoors with two CYW943907AEVAL1F boards so I realize there will be interference.
- default iperf settings (so TCP)
- For the AP/STA test I used test.console demo with both open (32 Mbps) and wpa2_aes (25-38 Mbps) encryption settings
- For the mesh test I used snip.wifi_mesh demo, wait for them to connect and then do the iperf commands (18-20 Mbps)
- iperf was just "iperf -s" on server and "iperf -c 192.168.1.194" on client
- channel 48, bandwidth 20 for both mesh and AP modes
In trying to simplify for this response, I think I figured out what was going on with the poor iperf performance. I was using the iperf window option "-w 1m". If I use that option on both sides "iperf -s -w 1m", "iperf -c 192.168.1.194 -w 1m:" then the performance is the less than 1 Mbps previously described. This option works ok on the "test.console" app.
I'm still having trouble when using 3 nodes. Setup with 3 nodes spread around the room, 2 on laptops, 1 on USB power pack.
- Power on all units.
- Verify I can ping from first unit (192.168.1.200) to the the other two (192.168.1.194) and (192.168.1.146)
- Reset unit 1 with button
- Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it works to one of the other nodes but not both. Waiting as much as 5 minutes doesn't help
- I usually get two "Received MESH PAIRED event" messages within 30 seconds of a reboot, but that doesn't seem to have any relation with if ping works or not.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
The snip.wifi_mesh app example was done as a simple proof of concept and it does not comply with the 802.11s mesh standard and also there is no plan to extend the application.
I request you to please get in touch with our Cypress sales/marketing team for more information.