3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2015 10:44 AM by jota_1939431

Notifications in Hello Client vs WICED Smart Designer Code

I have generated a hello_notif app using the WICED smart generator. (Zip File Attached)

I connect to the light blue and this the sequence I follow:

i.     Connect with the device

ii.    Connect to the characteristic (Prop: Read Write Notify and Indicate)

iii.   Inside the characteristic click on listen for notifications (Light Blue) - I do not see the notifications getting activated (The "Listen for notifications" button does not change to stop listening like it does in hello_client example)

iv.   Writing to the characteristic still works fine

STEP 1:

IMG_0149.PNG

STEP 2:

IMG_0150.PNG

STEP 4:

IMG_0151.PNG

SIMILAR STEPS FOLLOWED WITH THE HELLO CLIENT:

STEP 1:

IMG_0153.PNG

STEP 2: (Stop Listening is seen as opposed to Listen for notifications)

IMG_0155.PNG

I have tried to compare both hello_notif(WICED Smart designer generated) and hello_client and haven't understood, what is that that is being done different?

In hello_client.c: hello_client_write_handler function has the 0x002b handle when I click on the listen for notification, but the only handle which the stack registers in hello_notif (code attached) is the vendor characteristic handle for hello_notif characteristic.

Let me know what are the changes that need to be done for similar functionality with the WICED smart designer code.

Message was edited by: Sambhav Galada Updated hello_notif with notification and indication in wiced smart designer client configuration.