3 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2020 4:10 AM by DheerajK_81

Bootloader host for PSoC 6 devices

AnBr_3203316

Hi there,

I would like to know if is there anything different in the usage of the BootloaderUtils.dll for the use with PSoC 6 devices. We are trying to provide the users of our product (which has a PSoC6) to do the DFU (Device Firmware Update) through our software (Visual Studio C# based), which already works pretty good with PSoC 4 and 5 devices, updating through UART and USB HID.

Now I am trying to use this same code with PSoC6 devices through UART interface.

But then when our software calls the BootloaderUtils.dll in the function Bootloader_Utils.CyBtldr_Program, the Visual Studio, it throws the following exception:

System.AccessViolationException: 'Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt

It works perfectly to update when I use the Bootloader Host Tool from PSoC Creator 4.2 or 4.3.

I tried to use the cybootloaderutils.dll files provided in the installation of these PSoC Creator bin files, but it throws the  same error.

Am I missing something?