Hello KeTa_1341526 San ,
Yes , with Modus / WICED SDK , you have the flexibility to put the device either in Master / Slave mode.
But currently we don't have any readily available example for your requirement . However below are the references you can try .
Q1) BR/EDR master :
We do not have any existing examples for BT classic master. In BT classic you need to start inquiry and paging process to establish a connection and communicate. There is only profile level of connection APIs available.
For example , suppose you want to use SPP profile, you may try below steps for Master side:
- Start an inquiry if peer device address is unknown . API wiced_bt_start_inquiry (check wiced_bt_dev.h file for API details)
- inquiry scan call back will list all the peer BT classic devices
- You can send a pair request to the concerned peer device if needed . API wiced_bt_dev_sec_bond
- You can send SPP profile level connection Spp connect . Check API wiced_bt_spp_connect in spp_lib.c
- In WICED SDK , You may also refer to hci_audio_gateway demo for implementation.(/20719-B1_Bluetooth/apps/demo/hci_audio_gateway )
Q2) I am sorry there is no BLE to serial demo available. Yes, the device can put in to Central or Peripheral role. You can refer to hello_client for BLE Central mode . You can use characteristic write property to send the UART raw data (read by PUART APIs) to peripheral connected.