About CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A bluetooth low energy pioneer kit?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Robin_Peng
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica(GC)
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 50 questions asked

Hi Sir.

I have some basic questions,The development kit I use is CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A.  The chip I use is CY8C4247LQI-BL463.

(1)CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A bluetooth low energy pioneer kit's  R3 and C25 no  load.Do we need to load R3 and C25 on our newly  board?

pastedImage_0.png

(2)There is a NO LOAD list, I don't know when these components need to be loaded?

(3)When R1 needs to be loaded in the picture below?

pastedImage_1.png

(4)When does the C13 of the antenna need to be loaded?

pastedImage_2.png

(5)Can the PCB file of the following picture give me reference? I want to refer to some wire layout details.

pastedImage_3.png

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

(1)CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A bluetooth low energy pioneer kit's  R3 and C25 no  load.Do we need to load R3 and C25 on our newly  board?

Cypress--> Ideally there is no need for pull-up resistance and decoupling capacitance on the XRES pin. But we recommend you to populate them on your board for better EMC.

(2)There is a NO LOAD list, I don't know when these components need to be loaded?

Cypress--> No Load components need to be populated under certain conditions. For example if there are any glitched on the XRES pin the device resets. In this case the decoupling capacitor on that pin helps.

Cypress--> When you are supplying fixed 1.8 volt power supply through the VDD pin you need to short the VCCD and VDDD. Please refer PSoC 4 Hardware Design considerations appnote.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an88619-psoc-4-hardware-design-consideration...

Cypress--> The characteristic impedance of the antenna transmission trace should be maintained at 50 ohms. If this doesn't match then you need to populate that capacitance.

(5)Can the PCB file of the following picture give me reference? I want to refer to some wire layout details

Cypress--> You can download the CY8CKIT-042 kit/board design files from the following page. You can get gerber as well as .brd files from this link. There you can find files for both baseboard and module.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-042-ble-bluetooth-low-energy-42...

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

1 Reply
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Cypress--> Ideally there is no need for pull-up resistance and decoupling capacitance on the XRES pin. But we recommend you to populate them on your board for better EMC.

Cypress--> No Load components need to be populated under certain conditions. For example if there are any glitched on the XRES pin the device resets. In this case the decoupling capacitor on that pin helps.

Cypress--> When you are supplying fixed 1.8 volt power supply through the VDD pin you need to short the VCCD and VDDD. Please refer PSoC 4 Hardware Design considerations appnote.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an88619-psoc-4-hardware-design-consideration...

Cypress--> The characteristic impedance of the antenna transmission trace should be maintained at 50 ohms. If this doesn't match then you need to populate that capacitance.

(5)Can the PCB file of the following picture give me reference? I want to refer to some wire layout details

Cypress--> You can download the CY8CKIT-042 kit/board design files from the following page. You can get gerber as well as .brd files from this link. There you can find files for both baseboard and module.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-042-ble-bluetooth-low-energy-42...

Thanks

Ganesh