FX3 GPIO status table in reset period

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Augustine_Yeh
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Zenitron(GC)
100 sign-ins 5 likes given 50 sign-ins

Hi Cypress

Do you have FX3 GPIO status table in Reset period for reference , Thank !!

0 Likes
1 Solution
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello,

Please refer to section 11 Default State of I/Os During Boot of the app note AN76405 from the following link: https://www.cypress.com/file/201991/download

Regards,
Yashwant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello,

Please refer to section 11 Default State of I/Os During Boot of the app note AN76405 from the following link: https://www.cypress.com/file/201991/download

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes
Augustine_Yeh
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Cypress

Base on GPIO54 in I2C Boot default is Tristate status but tristate is three state ( H or L or Z ) . How can I know the status ( H or L or Z ) in Reset period .

0 Likes

Hello,

A pin status is tristated and there no external pull-up/pull-down, it would have an undefined voltage with a random value because of some stray voltages due to noise, EMI or static charges.

So, if the pin has a voltage other than the Low(L) and High(H) voltages, that pin can be referred to as a tristated pin.

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes
Augustine_Yeh
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Yashwant

Thank for you kind reply , Base on "I2C Boot default mode" , Is it right for example as below :

GPIO54 had pull high resistor then output is high in reset period .

GPIO54 had pull low resistor then output is low in reset period .

GPIO54 don't had pull high or pull low resistor then is random in reset period .

0 Likes

Hello,

Yes, your understanding is correct.

If the GPIO is pulled-up, the voltage on that pin will be HIGH and if the GPIO is pulled-down, the voltage will be LOW.

If there are no pull-up/pull-down resistors, then the voltage is some random value.

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes