BCM20737S RF performance question

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ChLe_2119616
Level 1
Level 1

Urgent!!

Hi, I have 2 quenstion about BCM20737S below

1. BCM20737S datasheet is ensured RF performance below.

TX : 2dBm

Rx sensitivity : -94 dBm

Does those RF performaces mean conduction data or radiation data??

2. BCM20737S antenna efficiency of 31 ~ 41% could be achieved based on recommended layout. Is there some way to check antenna passive performance??   

0 Likes
1 Solution

You cannot verify the antenna performance or radiation patterns as per se with the modules. The scope of which how one is done in the anechoic chamber is beyond the scope of this forum. I just have to urge you to "believe" those data which nevertheless is prepared by respective experts in this field.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

These RF values are taken at the Tx and Rx ports of the chip. For example, Tx power of 2dBm is the power measured at the RF port, before the BPF and antenna.

For antenna performance, you may write in to communities-list@broadcom.com for a request.

0 Likes
RyMu_1654936
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor
First like received 250 sign-ins 100 sign-ins

Hi Boont,

I would like to run the test as below. Would you please let me know which pin we need to contact leased cable with BCM20737S?

BCM20737S_Ant.png

Regards,

Ryan.

0 Likes

I'm afraid you cannot do a test as proposed above. The reason being that, within the module, the RF port of the chip is already connected to the on-module antenna. In another word, there isn't a RF output port from the module perspective. 

0 Likes
RyMu_1654936
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor

Hi Boont,

In above picture, BCM20737(Not 373S) is used for test?

Regards,

Ryan.

0 Likes

I was referring to your description of BCM20737S in your first posting.

So what is your query then? For a BCM20737 chip, you may of course connect the SMA connector via a 50-ohm transmission line to the RF port of the chip (which I believed is Pin 6). Refer to BCM20737 datasheet for clarification.

0 Likes
RyMu_1654936
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor

Sorry to make you confused.

We use BCM20737S. We would like to run the test as like "antenna performance data" you shared in another email thread.

Regards,

Ryan.

0 Likes
RyMu_1654936
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor

Hi Boont,

Regarding antenna performance data, I think BRCM used 20737 just to measure  RF performance of antenna because 20737 is  module and RF port of chip is connected to the antenna in the module .

That's why you mentioned i cannot do the test as like above picture.

Thnanks for clarification.

Regards,

Ryan.

0 Likes

You cannot verify the antenna performance or radiation patterns as per se with the modules. The scope of which how one is done in the anechoic chamber is beyond the scope of this forum. I just have to urge you to "believe" those data which nevertheless is prepared by respective experts in this field.

MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The antenna performance data you requested has been emailed to both yourself and the local FAE supporting you in Korea.

ryanmun

0 Likes