psoc creator -> arm-gcc guide document

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaEr_349131
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 50 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Hi,

I remember reading (I think it was a pdf) from Cypress that outlined the workflow on how to combine psoc creator with a command line arm-gcc toolchain.

It listed which files that creator generates that has to be migrated for the configuration and udb's to work.

basically it showed the workflow if the config has to change, what files to copy over from the creator project to your "cmd-line project"

Can't find it now, hope someone knows which one I'm talking about.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

DaEr,

Let me see if I can help here.

If you can get a successful build of your project using PSoC Creator then you can copy, modify and dump the results of the Output window into a batch file.

Attached is an example of  Build results from a project of mine.  The text highlighted in GREEN are the commands.  Text in YELLOW are the arguments.

This is the LONG method and are tied to knowing the exact source files and arguments.

There are means to require the compiler and the linker to use wildcards to find the files.

There are GCC files in the Help menu.  Here's a pic of where to find the GCC docs.

pastedImage_9.png

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

I found a following section

In the PSoC Creator User Guide

https://www.cypress.com/file/137441/download

Page 449 Exporting a Design to Makefile

I don't know if this is what you are looking for though.

moto

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

DaEr,

Let me see if I can help here.

If you can get a successful build of your project using PSoC Creator then you can copy, modify and dump the results of the Output window into a batch file.

Attached is an example of  Build results from a project of mine.  The text highlighted in GREEN are the commands.  Text in YELLOW are the arguments.

This is the LONG method and are tied to knowing the exact source files and arguments.

There are means to require the compiler and the linker to use wildcards to find the files.

There are GCC files in the Help menu.  Here's a pic of where to find the GCC docs.

pastedImage_9.png

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes