How to bulk Endpoint in Cypress FX3 Bootcode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PrM_1403381
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given Welcome!

Hi,

I am using Fx3BootAppGcc_Project Reference from below link

FX3 Fail Safe Firmware Update

In this project Control EP communication is used, Bulk Endpoints are created and I am able to see bulk Endpoints also in Cypress control center. But how it can be used in FX3 firmware,

When I send any data using control center where can I receive the data.

Thanks

Prasanna

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

Using BootAppGcc firmware, the device just enumerates with the pair of bulk endpoints as you mentioned but the data paths for these endpoints are not setup. Please check readme file of the project.

To setup the data paths please refer to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\boot_fw\gpiftousb

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Hemanth

Hi,

Using BootAppGcc firmware, the device just enumerates with the pair of bulk endpoints as you mentioned but the data paths for these endpoints are not setup. Please check readme file of the project.

To setup the data paths please refer to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\boot_fw\gpiftousb

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi,

Thanks for input, I will check.

I am facing one issue with this SSBL.

I am using FX3 DVK kit, And I need to update the actual application FW using the second stage bootloader FW. And in SSBL I am deciding based on the value from the EEPROM data whether in Boot Mode or Program Mode, I am attaching SSBL source file and as well my application image file and the utility that I am using for updating the actual FW.

I have attached the Source code for SSBL and as well application. Is it possible to check I am missing any thing. After updating the FW I tried to run SSBL in debug mode, And I found that in CyFx3BootJumpToProgramEntry (secAddress); at the end it is coming as secAddress = 0;

Again it is running SSBL only. Please help me on this

Thanks

Prasanna

0 Likes
Hemanth
0 Likes