CCG3PA - GPIO use of SWD pins

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DaSi_4634966
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hello,

I am using the CCG3PA (CYPD3175) in a power adapter like design and I'd like to use one of the SWD pins as a GPIO. In particular, I'd like to use it to control a termination resistor to enable the Apple 2.4A charging mode (DP_APPLE_SRC_TERM_A).

I have found the setting for the Debug Select in PSoC Creator (as shown in the attached screenshot), but I cannot find any mention of this in the CCG3PA documentation. The note says to reference the Technical Reference Manual (TRM) but I cannot find a TRM for the CCG3PA.

My concern is that I won't be able to program the CCG3PA via SWD if I have other circuitry connected to those signals and I see no guidance in the documentation on how to handle this.

Regards,

Daryl

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Daryl,

Typically, we do not recommend re-use SWD pins for other usage. But there are always short of pin on the application design, so that this IO could use as general GPIO. You could use it for external pull-up resistor of supporting Apple charging and BC1.2 serials.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Daryl,

Typically, we do not recommend re-use SWD pins for other usage. But there are always short of pin on the application design, so that this IO could use as general GPIO. You could use it for external pull-up resistor of supporting Apple charging and BC1.2 serials.

Best Regards,

Lisa